TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using the parathyroidpeeps.com website/blog (“Site”). By using the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree to all of the Terms and Conditions of Use you are not authorized to use the Site, in which case you should immediately exit.
The views and opinions expressed on this Site are purely the website/blog authors (“authors”) and any guest bloggers. You acknowledge and agree that:
- Parathyroid Peeps, parathyroidpeeps.com and its Authors are not medical professionals. Guest bloggers may, from time to time, be medical professionals and if so, that will be stated. The content will not be interpreted as creating any kind of health/medical advisor relationship with the authors, and/or doctor-patient with guest bloggers or third party links.
- This Site is not affiliated with a medical center. While all three authors had our surgeries at the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa, Florida, we are not in any way affiliated with the Center. We are simply patients who have each had our own unique journey that coincidentally led us there. Each of us independently researched the surgical options available to us at the time and selected that surgical center based on that information.
MEDICAL AND HEALTH INFORMATION DISCLAIMER
ALWAYS seek the advice of a physician or other qualified licensed healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your health. Never disregard their medical advice because of information featured on or transmitted through this website.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- This Site is for informational purposes only, without warranties of any kind. The content provided on this website, including text, treatments, outcomes, charts, profiles, graphics, photographs, images, videos, advice, linked resources, forum postings and transmitted messages are for informational purposes only without warranties of any kind and are NOT intended to be a substitute for independent professional medical judgment, advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
- You are solely responsible for all decisions that relate to your healthcare. This includes but is not limited to any decisions, omissions or actions you take based on choosing or not choosing to seek professional medical care, specific diagnostic services, treatments and/or a particular surgeon’s services.
- The Site should not be relied upon to be fully comprehensive or error free. The authors make no representations as to its accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The authors’ intent is to do no harm.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS AND POSTING OF COMMENTS
You acknowledge and agree that:
- This Site is open to the public and as such, any information you share is not private. You should carefully consider what information you submit to parathyroidpeeps.com and/or its authors through this domain or otherwise through e-mail or social media platforms, and/or comments you make on the Site to protect your privacy. Do not submit or post any information or ideas that you would like to keep private. By submitting information or posting comments, including but not limited to health information, stories, images, videos, audio, you grant Parathyroid Peeps and its authors the unlimited, perpetual right to distribute, display, publish, reproduce, reuse and copy the information contained therein.
- You are responsible for the comments you post. You may not impersonate any other person through the Site. You may not post content that is defamatory, fraudulent, obscene, threatening, invasive of another person’s privacy rights or that is otherwise unlawful. You may not post content that infringes on the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity. You may not post any content that includes any computer virus or other code designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any computer software or hardware.
- Authors have the right to edit and/or remove content and comments. By submitting or posting content and/or comments to the Site and/or its authors, you grant the authors the right to remove any content or comment that, in the author’s sole judgment, does not comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable. You also grant the principal authors the right to modify, adapt, and edit any content.
DISCLAIMER RELATED TO LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site contains links to other “third party” web sites.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Links to third party sites do not imply an endorsement or affiliation. Links are provided solely as a convenience.
- The owners receive no compensation. The Site and its authors are not compensated to provide opinions or links to products, services and/or websites. Should compensation ever be received, it will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog.
- It is your responsibility to verify products and services provided by third party sites. Any product or service representation or claim, statistic, quote or resource reached through one of our links should always be verified with the medical expert, provider or manufacturer.
- Third party advertisements do not constitute endorsement. The host of our site may from time to time, without advance notice, insert ads that the authors do not control. The inclusion of any third party advertisements on the Site, that may from time to time appear, does not constitute an endorsement, guarantee, or recommendation of the advertised product/service.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event and under no circumstances shall Parathyroid Peeps, its authors, associates or guest bloggers be liable to you or any third party for special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages including, without limitation, any loss of profits, lost savings, or loss of data arising out of your use or inability to use the Site, or your reliance or use of information, products or services provided on or through the Internet, or any that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletions of files or other data loss, errors, defects, delays in operation, service or transmission or any failure of performance of the Site.