NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS PASSED.
This successful retreat that took place from November 3 – November 6, 2016 was a great success. Please watch for announcements in Spring 2017 for information about a 3rd Annual Retreat!
AT MIRAVAL RESORT AND SPA IN TUCSON, ARIZONA
with Joyce Arnon, Barbara Creamer and Sophie Freedman
with special guest & expert endocrine surgeon Dr. Deva Boone from the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa, Florida
Do you or someone you know suffer from osteoporosis, bone pain, kidney stones, fatigue, depression, heart palpitations, anxiety and/or brain fog? The root cause of these conditions can be primary hyperparathyroid disease. High blood calcium is bad!
It is estimated that 1 in 100 people (and 1 in 50 women over the age of 50) suffer from primary hyperparathyroid disease and most do not know the associated symptoms are a result of high blood calcium. The average patient goes undiagnosed for 8+ years, surgery is often delayed and not enough surgeons are trained in the most advanced surgical techniques. Let’s create change!
Who? Our peep retreat at Miraval Resort and Spa provides a haven for those who are interested in learning more about parathyroid disease or seeking a diagnosis, those being told to “watch and wait”, those who have persistent disease, and those who are cured. The curious, supporters, patients as well as medical and mental healthcare professionals are encouraged to take advantage of our group rate and hosted retreat activities.
Why? Join us to become educated, receive support, raise awareness and build skills to advocate for improvement in diagnosis and standards for surgical treatment.
- Overnight Accommodations
- Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner daily
- All snacks, non-alcoholic beverages and hors d’oeuvres – fresh juice/smoothie and coffee bars are included
- Unlimited regularly scheduled Miraval activities including fitness, meditation, yoga and wellness lectures as well as access to resort pools, fitness center, labyrinth and kiva
- $150.00 per person, per night non-transferable resort credit for spa services AND/OR for specific resort programs including challenge courses, equine programs, culinary classes, hiking and biking. Note: Resort credits can be combined. For example, a 3 night stay totaling $450 credits can be used over the course of your stay or combined and used all in one day – you get to choose
- Shared airport transfers to and from Tucson International Airport
- Welcome Miraval Tote Bag and Reusable water canteen
- Wi-Fi access. Note: In order to maintain the serenity of the resort environment, phones calls are limited to guest rooms and central courtyard
PLUS … Hosted Peep Retreat Activities (*):
- Welcome cocktail party hosted by the Norman Parathyroid Center (Thursday evening)
- Educational sessions –(Friday and Saturday) Keynote with the Parathyroid Peeps and Dr. Deva Boone, Calcium Pro App, Managing the Daily Stress of Disease, Entrepreneurship While Managing Yours or a Loved One’s Health Issues, My Journey with Osteoporosis and the Elusive Root Cause
- Advocacy Workshops (Saturday) –Be Your Own Health Advocate at your Next Doctor Appointment, Become An Advocate to Help Advance our Mission,
- Opportunities to schedule a one-on-one “Doc Chat” to have your parathyroid disease & thyroid questions answered by an expert endocrine surgeon (Friday and Saturday Afternoons)
- Closing meditation (Saturday Evening)
- Giveaways (Daily)
Link here to view: RETREAT WORKSHOPS SCHEDULE
Link here to : MEET OUR SPEAKERS!
A SPECIAL MESSAGE TO OUR PARATHYROID FRIENDS..
Please note that ALL fees associated with your stay are paid directly toMiraval Resort and Spa. No part of the fee is being paid or transferred to Parathyroid Peeps, the Norman Parathyroid Center and/or other guest speakers. We are donating our time, services and resources to make this event possible.
We realize that costs associated with travel and overnight accommodations may prohibit some who are interested from attending. Please understand we have given this a great deal of consideration. Ultimately, this particular venue offers us a unique opportunity to advance our mission to raise awareness of primary hyperparathyroid disease and advocate for improvement in diagnosis and standards for surgical treatment. We will continue to educate the larger community at more open venues as well as conduct meet-ups with parathyroid friends and advocates in the coming year who are unable to attend this retreat.
SPECIAL PEEP RATE:
- $449.00 / per person nightly rate – Double Occupancy *excluding resort fee and taxes
- $549.00 / per person nightly rate – Single Occupancy *excluding resort fee and taxes
- $199 / per person daily rate – *excluding resort fee and taxes Limited to 10 people per day. Includes lunch/breakfast/dinner, retreat program, use of resort facilities and participation in activities that do not require spa credits
* Important note regarding resort charges and taxes: A taxable 23% resort charge is added daily to your package rate and is separate and in addition to the room rates and taxes. Taxes will be added at the current rates of 12.05 % for portion of charges related to the room and 6.1% for portion of charges related to food. With resort fees and taxes added the rates are approximately: $595 / per person nightly rate – Double Occupancy, $733 /per person nightly rate – Single Occupancy and $256/per person – Daily Rate
HOW TO REGISTER:
1) To book your stay: Call Group Reservations at 1 (800) 232-3969. To check on availability and reserve the daily rate: Call 1 (520) 825-5168
2) To receive our special rate: Use code Parathyroid Peeps or group booking ID #3694
3) One last but very important step: E-mail us at email@example.com so we know to expect you and can e-mail you the final program schedule
DEADLINE! Book your stay ASAP, as packages at these discounted rates are limited in number. Registration closes August 31, 2016 or as soon as group capacity is reached.
PLANNING YOUR EXPERIENCE & PERSONALIZING YOUR RETREAT
This page will be updated with the Peep Retreat Event Schedule in plenty of time for you to arrange your spa appointments and other special Miraval activities that are fee based where resort credits can be applied. Miraval recommends that you pre-book your spa services, any private one-on-one sessions, and activities that require a fee (resort credits) 4-6 weeks prior to arrival. Danielle Wagner, Group Reservations and Experience Planning Coordinator, will be reaching out to guests to assist with booking their spa services, activities and any personal sessions.
To reach Danielle directly call 520-825-5169 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call the Experience Planners at 800-232-3969 to book services.
Note that other resort activities offered by Miraval that do not require a fee (resort credits) are outlined in a daily activity schedule available on-line prior to arrival with no advance reservations required. This way you are able to plan and personalize your retreat to meet your needs.
Enjoy Miraval’s video gallery to learn more about what is available during your stay!
TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM TUCSON, ARIZONA AIRPORT or LOCAL HOTEL– To arrange transportation to and from the Tucson International Airport (or a local hotel if you arrive the day before) you can either give the flight or hotel information to the Experience Planners when booking your spa services, or email Miraval’s transportation department at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU AT MIRAVAL!