CREATE YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TO JOIN OUR PARATHYROID PEEPS COMMUNITY ON INSPIRE
Dr. Courtney Balentine is a fellowship-trained endocrine surgeon with a research program dedicated to improving outcomes for patients with endocrine disease, particularly primary hyperparathyroidism. He serves as a Medical Advisor to the Parathyroid Peeps on Inspire. We are pleased to announce that Dr. Balentine will be available from Monday, November 11 to Friday, November 15 to answer your questions about the diagnosis of primary hyperparathyroid disease.
How to participate:
- Join our Parathyroid Peeps community on Inspire.
- Set and review your privacy settings for your new account.
- Ask your questions in the comment section of the pinned post entitled “Ask the Expert” that will be up beginning Monday, November 11.
- Dr. Balentine will post answers to your questions daily. His answers will appear in the comment section as well.
- Note: Answers may not immediately follow the question within the thread due to the format. You may find it helpful to refer to (click on) the “In Reply To: post number” at the top of Dr. Balentine’s replies to view the question being answered.
- Our topic for this month is Diagnosis of Primary Hyperparathyroid Disease. Please understand if Dr. Balentine is unable to get to your question due to time or topic constraints.
More About Dr. Balentine’s Research…
Dr. Balentine’s work focuses on improving processes for diagnosing patients with hyperparathyroidism to facilitate early detection and treatment. His ultimate goal is to ensure that patients with hyperparathyroidism are diagnosed and treated as early as possible without experiencing unnecessary delays. Dr. Balentine is also interested in reducing disparities among older patients with hyperparathyroidism who are even more likely to experience delays in diagnosis and treatment than younger patients. Dr. Balentine works closely with patients and other stakeholders, including the PARAthyroid Peeps, to design and test interventions that address these gaps in care. His research program has been funded by NIH, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and numerous surgical societies. Dr. Balentine is proud to provide endocrine surgical care to our Veterans. His clinical practice is based at the North Texas VA Hospital.
Watch our video interview with Dr. Balentine.